Sunday, 25 September 2016

NENDOROID: Show by Rock!


 Welcome to the Nendoroid of SIN
For with this figure I have committed the crime of purchasing merchandise because it's cute and not because I am a fan or knowledgeable on the series she is from ∑(゜△゜;)
Though in my defence, I am not totally clueless as to who Cyan is and I know she is from Show by Rock, a mobile rhythm game by Sanrio in Japan, the game was later turned in to an Anime too, however I don't think I've played the game and I never found anywhere to watch the show, so I can't say that I'm a "fan" but it sure as hell won't hold me back from having this cutie in my collection!

I actually first saw Cyan as a giant sculpture in Gamers, Akihabara during my visit in late 2014
So I'm totally claiming nostalgia as a reason to love her too, ok? ok.




Compared to other Nendoroid's Cyan doesn't have that many extra pieces and so her box wasn't as adorned in as many poses as usually seen, but she does come with a bonus background piece to help make up for this

 Here she is with all her pieces along with her boxes packaging which can be set up as a backdrop and features the name of her band Plasmagica. Her accessories are few but they are all super cute and she is even accompanied by a smaller cat version of herself which is extra adorable!
The detail on her his great, I love her hair and her lolita outfit/headpiece are filled with wonderfully ruffled details, she even has little bloomers and they're amazing.


Though for the first time in my Nendoroid collecting history, I was missing a piece!
Thankfully it was just the base for the smaller cat figure and I was able to find an easy fix for this by using Cyan's main base (which actually looks better in my opinion) but it was still a shock to the system lol


 One of Cyan's poses is an adorable cat paw hand gesture which you may find yourself doing if you have a Polaroid taken at a Maid Cafe in Akihabara! This again was super nostalgia for me and another reason to fall in love with this adorable figure

I decided to set her up in performance mode with her heart guitar and was so amused that she even came with a hand piece that held a pick to play, it was just a small detail but I really loved it! I also realised that her second face plate was just perfect for my Nendoroid More bear kigurumi, it's like they were made for each other and having them combined makes the bear look like a nervous concert mascot at it's very first show


At the time of writing she is still available to order, which is very rare for a Nendoroid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please note that this blog uses Disqus for comments and the widget doesn't always show on mobile devices or Internet Explorer. So if you'd like to leave a comment please try visiting again on a compatible device or web browser :D Thank you!!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.