Saturday, 7 May 2016

ポケモンカレー★Pokemon Curry

Do you remember the golden days of Pokemon?
Back in the 90's where it was literally everywhere, even on food products?

Well, Japan is lucky enough to still hang on to some of that glory
Pokemon food items are still big sellers in the Pokemon Centers and supermarkets
and today I will be trying a Pokemon Curry!

Isn't this one of the cutest packages you've ever seen?
I can imagine how easy it would be to lure children in to eating with such a cute box

The curry itself does not contain Pokemon, it's actually pork and vegetable flavoured
and this particular box is "甘口" which means mild... but can also be used to say "stupid" lol!



 The back of the packet has an envelope style design meaning it's easy to reseal
and it also comes with picture instructions on how to cook the curry

You can either put the pouches in boiling water for around 2 minutes
or empty into a bowl and microwave for 30~40 seconds
Probably the most simple cooking instructions I've ever seen

 When I opened the box I could see some illustrations inside so I decided to open it up fully
and surprisingly there was an activity hidden within!

My box came with a DIY photo frame which you assemble and colour in yourself
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ How cute!!

 The curry itself comes in 2 small pouches and also with a special sticker!
I was lucky enough to get a Mega Latias, which surprised me as this was an XY campaign

 I decided to make both pouches for my lunch and poured them over rice
Since this product is aimed at children the portion size was pretty small
So if you're an adult and want to eat this as a meal, I recommend using both
and you don't even have to feel guilty as each pouch is only 40kcal!

The ingredients were cut up very small and were consistent with other Japanese curries
There was pork, potatoes, carrots and maybe some onions?
Everything was chopped so tiny, I couldn't really tell!
I feel like this was intentional due to the marketing for children
Both to make it easier to eat, but also to disguise and get them some veggies lol

The flavour was mild but not lacking, and there was very little spice
So I think if you're not a fan of spicy flavours but want to try some Japanese curry 
then this would be a perfect introduction for you!

Over all a lovely curry in some fun packaging, I really can't fault it ♥




No Pokemon were harmed in the making of this product (^_-)☆wink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please note that this blog uses Disqus for comments and the widget doesn't always show on mobile devices or Internet Explorer. So if you'd like to leave a comment please try visiting again on a compatible device or web browser :D Thank you!!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.